Are you struggling to make the most of your time and want to optimize your day?
We all want to get the most out of our day and reach our goals. But most people’s days are taken up by mundane tasks, or even worse, by activities that waste our time! That’s why it’s important to own your time and make sure you’re using it in the most productive way possible.
Are you using your time productively? Here’s an activity to give you that clarity.
Take an Inventory of Your Time
1. Grab a sheet of paper and write down the hours of your day, from the time you wake up to when you go to sleep.
2. At the end of each hour, jot down everything you did during that hour. It might look something like this:
- 7-8: ate breakfast, scrolled Instagram
- 8-9: read emails, responded to 2 emails, scrolled Facebook
- 9-10: washed dishes, ate a snack, did laundry
- 10-11: coached a client
3. After two days, use two different colors to highlight the activities you did that were a waste of your time (red) and the ones that were productive and moved you closer towards your goal or vision (green).
4. Once you identify the time-wasting activities, decide which ones you can drop or delegate. Taking ownership of your time is an important habit to develop.
Start today by taking control and making sure you are using your time in the best way possible.
This is a habit you can develop too and start now.